“The men and women that hold high places must be the first to start to mold a new reality closer to the heart” Neal Peart
My name is Howard Leonhardt; I am pleased to present to you today the Kindheart Lionheart plan for economic recovery. We are convinced that our plan will lead to rapid economic growth, job creation, and an across the board, rise in the standard of living worldwide. Kindheart stands for compassion and care; Lionheart stands for economic growth and courage. This is a courageous plan to invigorate the World's economy immediately without any delay.
The plan is based on this simple premise….
“The key to economic recovery is a focus on energizing, enabling, educating, and empowering people to follow their dreams.”
The Kindheart Lionheart Plan:
• The California Stock Exchange – Anyone can raise capital for their business plan quickly, with minimal cost. No wasteful lawyers, accountants, insurance agents, or bureaucrats are allowed anywhere near this stock exchange. The capital raised goes directly towards building businesses, creating real innovations,and creating jobs by empowering people without wasteful drains from non-value adding lawyers, accountants, and bureaucrats. A simple standard 8-page filing is made each quarter by participating companies by their CEO, which is a simple update on the company’s progress.
• Microloan programs expanded a million fold. Fifteen fledgling businesses are bound together into a microloan unit. Equal loans are made to each member. If one member defaults, the other 14 are obligated to cover. The 15 meet once a month to help each other out to avoid unnecessary defaults.
• Angel investors can deduct up to $250,000 from their tax returns for losses, when investing in small businesses. Zero capital gains tax on any gains on these investments.
• Cities, counties, states, and the federal government should set aside pools of funds to match “smart money” private investments in growth industries, that increase income and job creation. Thus, this increases tax revenues for these government agencies.
• Every library and every school should be, in part, dedicated towards entrepreneurship education, economic development, and job creation.
• All regulatory obstacles that come with starting a business and creating jobs should be streamlined. One 8 page standardized summary, each quarter, should be uniform for all government filings, for all agencies. New businesses should start immediately, without any permitting delays. Summaries filed within first quarter of opening should be the only requirement.
• Home businesses should be encouraged. Zoning regulations should be adopted to focus only on respect to neighbors.
• All people will be encouraged and incentivized to have moonlighting enterprises. This is not your father’s workplace anymore. Thirty years from now, it will be highly unusual, when someone is asked “What do you do?”, for them to give a one job answer. The average worker of the future will be working for at least three companies at the same time, at least one of which that person will have an ownership position in the company. People will gather together for projects and then disband and go their own ways when the project is done. This is similar to how movies are made today. The future is a world of independent contractors. What used to be called “employer” will now
be called “leading customer”.
• Education for life should be promoted across the board. You can gain college credit for learning anything, in any form, at any time, in anyway.
• Digital educating videos should be used in a much higher degree to promote around the clock education anywhere and anytime.
• Start-up business incubators, accelerators, and funds should be used to fund the companies within them They should be set up at every library, college, and university worldwide. These incubators allow companies to get launched for lower cost, with essential support assistance, which increases their chance of survival and continued job creation.
• All education curriculums should be developed around a student’s passion interest area. Learning should be promoted as a lifelong joy.
• Granting kids financial rewards, or other rewards, for book reading should be promoted. It works! Studies show incentives, like this, increase reading comprehension by more than 30% in youth.
Entrepreneurship education should begin in kindergarten.